Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Night in Jungle

Say Hi to the night which I came back from Team Building activity in Jeram Besu, Pahang. It's a 3 days and 2 night activity and there were so many things that I would like to record down here. Therefore, I guess this will be a very long post and if you are able to read all, I hope you will understand the power of feeling. Hahaha.....

The first day when reached the camp site, we have a jungle survival class because we were going to stay a night in the jungle. The knowledge included the method to use compass, map reading, set up a camp site and etc. I did actually learnt all the knowledges during my attachment to National Service and that time I even have a few nights in jungle. Therefore, it's not a problem for me.....

Everything seems to be similar with the jungle survival in National Service. We need to find the camp site that has been allocated for us by using map, carried all the foods, water, shirts and etc. The different things were National Service's jungle survival was longer. However, this time, the jungle survival that I experience was not only about survival. It involved a war whereby we need to fight with 2 other teams and 1 terrorist team (role played by Jeram Besu's Minority). Missions were to grab the other team's flag, fighting using whitewash (water mixed with chalk) where the management has packed 200 packets for each team.....

The tour started on 3 p.m but I am not really want to share in detail about the tour. I just wanted to say that through the journey, I have gained back a lot of old feeling!!!

During the way we travel to our camp site, my team experienced the attack by terrorist, pass through bushes in the hard way, saw different extraordinary insects, touch the thousand years old giant tree. But all these sounded normal to me because what I seen in NS was definitely more than that. However, the most unforgettable scene for me was the scene whereby a couple of butterflies flying together in front of me. They were the same species, in yellow color with dark spot. Tell you something weird, reflect back the time during my NS's jungle survival, I remember I did saw a couple of butterflies flying together in front of me too and that time, they were blue color butterflies with some dark line. OMG, when I saw the scene 3 day ago, I was like damm shocked and I was actually hang in there for a while. What a coincidence scenario that happened again after about 6 years!!! Anyway, I don't know whether the yellow butterflies were a lovely couple or they were siblings. Anyway, my selfishness perceived that they were couple. The only unfortunate thing was that I were not able to bring camera for the activity.....

When we reached the camp site, just do the basic things. Clean up the site, set up camp, camp fire and after that we took the first mover activity whereby we searched for other's team camp site and launched an attack. Ooo yaa, I gained a new experience which I don't get during my NS. Guess what??? I was attacked by leeches. Our camp site in fact was full with leeches and I got 3 leeches injured spots. 1 was on my back and my T-shirt was actually full with blood. Hahaha. Why I didn't experience this during my NS??? It's because during my NS, I worn a set of protective army armour while this time, I only worn T-shirt and sport shoes. Nothing special regarding this matter, it's just for the purpose of memory.....

At the night time, all the teams continued to launched attack, war against each other and it was quite a hard way because we all depend on torchlight. Situation turned worst when our strategy was to off the torchlight to avoid enemy from spotting us. I guessed everyone was enjoying the attack by whitewash. Hahaha.....

The war was actually to train the teamwork between 3 teams. First, all the 3 teams were defeated by the terrorist team. The terrorist team which role played by minority was really strong as they were all already familiar with the land structure in jungle. They can even shoot me by not using any torchlight. Anyway, at last all the 3 teams combined together and we gained the victory. After the victory, it's time to rest and it's the time which I have waited. I am not waited to rest but I am waited to gain back the old feeling. Guess what feeling it is??? Hahaha.....

It's actually a situation whereby I am trying to sense the feeling of midnight jungle and I really get back the same feeling as I am in my NS's jungle survival. I did these things:

1) When everyone was sleeping, I took my torchlight, walk around to observe the power of natural in the jungle. I shall say myself as a very lucky person. Know what I saw??? I found a very big spider on a tree and it's extremely nice spider web. OMG, if you see the spider web, you will definitely shocked. It was such a big and perfect spider web that I ever seen in my life. Anyway, I don't observe much because I am afraid that my torchlight is disturbing the habitat =)

2) Then I found a small snake inside the hole of a giant tree. Hohoho. I guessed this was my most lucky finding. It was just a small snake, not move at all and the special thing was, it possessed a very beautiful skin. The skin was in black color with some yellow spots. I can see that it's pair of eyes was shining when my torchlight was on. Again, I don't observe long because I don't feel like to disturb the animal in the jungle. Every life got their own living. It's enough to see a beautiful thing for once =)

3) Laying on the jungle's land and look up high at the sky. Trust me, you won't able to see any stars on the sky but you will see are the many different leaves of the many different big trees. You will able to get a sense of relaxation =)

4) Try to sense the quiet situation, listen to the many different sounds in jungle and most probably you will heard the basic 3 sounds. Sounds from birds, frogs and silkworms. Try to listen it not by your ear, but with your heart. You will realized that they were actually singing because each time when they came out with a sound, it got a tempo. Just like 1,2,3,4.....1,2,3,4.....1,2,3,4. And when you listen all the sounds together with your heart, you will realized that they were all together in a music band. Unbelievable??? Believe me, I was a musician, when you listen by using your heart, you will heard something that ordinary persons don't hear =)

Basically, all these things that I have done brought me back the feeling when I was in NS's jungle survival because I did the same things too. Only things that different were I don't see any gigantic spider and snake. But i remembered that time, I saw an insect which move like a robot =)

Typically, these were what I did on the first day. The second day when we went out from the jungle, then we have water confident activity and we have a white water rafting. The water confident is normal for me because I already know how to swim after NS. But for the white water rafting, it was entirely a new and excited experience. I can't believe I got a chance to experience this as I can only see the activity in TV. For those who don't know about white water rafting, click on this - http://www.google.com.my/images?hl=en&pq=silkworm&xhr=t&q=white+water+rafting&cp=13&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENMY361&biw=1280&bih=675&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sDJpTaXhLJG0rAeJm-nCCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDcQsAQ

The following activities were feedback on the jungle survival, business trading games and space ship game. I love the business trading game. It was a game where you need to trade items with other group by using the information that you have. In the end, value for the item will be calculated based on latest market price and the group with highest value will win. I am the leader for my team and even though I can't meet the objective but we got number 2 among the 7 groups and I am quite happy with the achievement =)

Space ship game is game whereby everyone was blindfolded and we need to look for an item assigned to on a field. After found the item, we need to put the item according to the shape set by facilitator. It's not easy because there were total of 24 participants and not easy to coordinate.....

Basically, that's all the programs customized for us and I did simplified it in my post. Just wanted to recorded the feeling that I got from the jungle survival. Ooo yaa, on the second day, we were actually staying in a resort called Country View Recreation Park. Inside the park, there were some animals park for visitors to visit. I saw a special animal which can only be founded in Australia. It's called Slow Lori. This cute animal makes me think back of the "huge eyes" animal in the movie Bed Time Stories and that's make me think of Calix. Hahaha. I think the producer used the Slow Lori concept and apply in the movie. Try to look at this - http://www.google.com.my/images?hl=en&pq=white+water+rafting&xhr=t&q=slow+loris&cp=7&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENMY361&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JzZpTciAKNCtrAfsyvHCCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=675

Hmmm, got a call from mom few days before I enter the program. I requested a plan for a family trip to Australia. Huhuhu. If this plan is success, then there were 3 objectives to visit Australia.

1) To see the shy shy koala bear.
2) To jump together with Kangaroo.
3) To see the cute cute Slow Lori.

Just now got a luxury dinner with colleagues. Tasted a very nice mint ice cream. It's free and I tasted a total of 7 scoops. Hohoho, wonderful.....

Lastly, thanks to bank for organizing a Team Building activity and thanks to all the Accordia's professional facilitators of the program. Thanks very much for giving me a chance to get a feeling that I have waited for so long. Blessing~~~

Words for jungle and animals

1) Jungle - I am someone who preserve the natural of the earth and I don't really cut off any tree or branches. All the materials used for camp fire were all dead tree branches. The only pollution was the smoke generated from camp fire. We have no choice but to avoid animal attack and thus, I sincerely apologize for any offence. I Love Jungle.....

2) Gigantic Spider - Your web was really strong and your size was really huge. Hopefully, your habitat won't be disturb and if I have disturb you for the night, I can only say, I am sorry.....

3) Nice skin Snake - You got a nice skin and pair of bright eyes. I don't really know what is hibernate but I would like to ask you a question. Are you hibernating??? Hahaha.....

4) Lovely Couple Butterflies - How many times you blink your eyes then only you were able to fly??? Or shall I ask, how many times both of you have eyes contact with each other then only you 2 were able to fly together???

如果说,蝴蝶眨几次眼睛,才学会飞行
那我需要等多久,才能。。。。。

Great Night

Z.W.X.M.Z.....N.Y.Y.S.D.Y.W


0 comments: