Monday, July 19, 2010

It's All About Banks

Looks like I have not update my blog formally for a long period. Currently I am in K.T, perhaps I just take the opportunity to update it because my connection here would be quite fast.....

RHB Banking Group has offered me a Credit Associates Program. It will get started on August. Therefore, I am going to undergo a busy life in 2 more weeks time. Today I went to reactivate my RHB saving account as requested by the company. It has been a long period I didn't enter into RHB K.T Branch. The branch has finished it's renovation and I was shocked when I saw the new environment.....

The design looks elegant and comfortable. In the middle of the office, there are some cushions provided for customers. The counters were separated into 3 parts, closed counters, opened counters and a front desk counter. In my opinion, I perceived that the separation can really increase the transparency and effectiveness of the business operation. Why do I say so???

Alright. The closed counters are actually those old type counters which we always deal with when we want to deposit or withdraw money. On the other hand, the opened counters deal with customers who wish to apply for ATM Card, Credit Card and also loan if not mistaken. The front desk is actually a help desk which provides numbers for customers to wait for their turn in settling their matters and provide some information, for example to explain to the customers regarding the required documents when they wish to open an account or applying for a loan.....

The effectiveness can be increased in this way. A simple example is, a customer wish to apply for a loan. So for sure he/she will bring the required documents. Then when he/she enter into the office, he/she will approach the front desk counter and the counter will check with him/her regarding the required documents. If he/she bring all the documents, then the counter will assign him/her to the opened counter to proceed the with matter. But let's say if he/she does not bring the required document, then he/she will get noticed and will to go back home to take the documents without wasting the time to queue up and ends up with nothing.....

So when I went to reactivate my account, at first I approached the front desk counter. Then the girl asked for my account passbook and I.C. Once confirmed the two items, she bring me to the opened counter and verify my I.C. After that I was assigned to the closed counter and deposit RM 20 in order to activate my account. Everything settled in just 10 minutes. I think it could be faster if my I.C. don't have problem, hehehe.....

After I reactivate my account and about to leave, suddenly I feel to apply for an ATM Card. Then I went back to the front desk again. The girl then informed me that the staff who specialize in the ATM Card out for lunch. She asked me to come back in 30 minutes times. That time was 2.30 p.m. and I understand that because that is not peak hour and bank's employees usually out for lunch in non peak hour. Then I hang around in the book store nearby.....

After 30 minutes, I get back to the office and when the front desk girl saw me, she quickly assign me to the opened counter. Then I fill in a form which is very simple. It just require my name, I.C, address, mother's maiden name and signature. After that she assigned me to the closed counter and then I wait for my turn. Unfortunately, there is a situation happened in the closed counters. The staff in the closed counter miss out my application form and then didn't process my application. I wait for around 10 minutes and fortunately there is high sensitivity staff sense that I have waited for too long. Then she quickly follow up with my application and I wait for another 10 minutes. After that I got my ATM card and the staff who miss out application apologize to me few times. Hehehe, actually I don't mind about that because there were many customers there at that time and the staff might be too busy. It's normal when someone make a mistake because we have to learn from our mistake. Hehehe.....

When I got my ATM Card, then I went to change my pin numbers and then, the staff from the front desk once again assisted me when she ask me to register an e-banking account. It's just a simple registration and I did it.....

When I was inside the bank, I actually try to observe the working environment there. I deal with 4 staffs in total today and I found out that all of them were very helpful and polite. Also, I found out that the staffs in the bank have a very good relationship with their customers. They seems like already know their customers very well and when customers came in, the staffs straight away greet them and then went to assist them. In this case, I didn't mean for only 1 customers but in fact, there were many.....

Through my observation, I perceive that the company is able to achieve a strong growth in future. They are already growing through the banking products that they have launched and all these are reflected in the public listed share price, RHB Capital. Hopefully, I am able to grow together with the company =)

Finished about the banking experience with RHB Bank and now I share my experience when I interviewed with one company known as ARk@R IngS@Ng. The company declared themselves as the recruiting agent for Maybank Group. The first time I went there for interview was 21th June 2010. They called me and ask me to interview the position as management trainee for Maybank. Then I went there with my friend with full of hope. When we were there, they try to assess us by giving us a role play situation which each candidates have to choose one title and present the title for one minute. After that they interview me but they don't talk about the management trainee, in turn they say ECM Libra has job vacancy and asked me whether I am interested or not. Then they asked me to write an essay and then interview me again.....

3 weeks past and they don't even notify us whether our application fail or success. Then I received a call again from them and they asked me to interview for a Financial Risk Analyst for Maybank. So, I went there again with my friend. When we reached there, they ask us to do IQ tests. Then do the same role play assessment and essay writing again. I told them we have did the same things last time but still they insist us to do again. Alright, fine. Then they interview us and again, nothing about Financial Risk Analyst was mentioned but in turn, they told me about junior relationship executive and ECM Libra.....

Actually I am wondering what happen??? Is the company really the recruiting agent for Maybank??? Or they are just using Maybank's name and asked peoples to interview for a post offered by other companies??? Perhaps, this is the myth.....

That's all about banks from a banking and finance student. Looking forward for convocation to meet the rest of all the banking and finance students. Hehehe.....


2 comments:

wingee said...

It'd disappointed you and others who 've been lookin forward for a good career

Kim Thor said...

Hmmm, ya lo.....really don't know why got such company which like to waste peoples time~~~